FERGUS V. KEYES C. Dir.; CPP; CSP
523 rue Charon, Montreal, QC, H3K 2P4
O: (514) 949-2710 ¦ F: (514) 935-4162
Email: email@example.com ¦ firstname.lastname@example.org ¦
Business Profile Information at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferguskeyes
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
BOARD & GOVERNANCE
Dynamic Senior Business Development and CEO – A leader with 20+ years experience spearheading successful ventures throughout global business markets.
Qualified independent Board member – experienced Chair; Vice-Chair; Board; and Committee Member -
(Finance/Audit; Administration; Strategic Planning: Risk Assessment; Fundraising etc.)
Expert strategist, analyst, planner, team leader, negotiator and business driver
Combines expertise in Senior Management and/or Board governance (Public; Private & Not-for-Profit) with strategic planning & organizational leadership. Participative leadership style with excellent skills in cross-functional team building, quality performance and productivity improvement.
Responds to business challenges with confidence, determination and focus.
Provides Board oversight, foresight & insight in areas such as:
- Strategic Planning & Business Development
- Audit and Finance
- Critical Problem Solving & Analysis
- Cross Functional Team Building
- Leadership and Strategy
- Risk & Threat Assessments
- Field Leadership
- Executive Relationship Management
- Communication and Social Responsibility
- Accountability and Change
A graduate (2008) of the Chartered Director (C.Dir.) program at the Director’s College, (www.thedirectorscollege.com) as offered by McMaster University; The DeGroote School of Business & The Conference Board of Canada.
A unique and intensive education program - delivering state-of-the-art education on the duties & responsibilities of members of a. Board of Directors; financial literacy & and general business knowledge
Independent; Qualified; Experienced Board Chair / Member
Security Management Professional
Delivering Leadership Strategies
RISK ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST
CERTIFIED PROTECTION PROFESSIONAL
THREAT & RISK ASSESSMENT
CERTIFIED SECURITY PROFESSIONAL
SECURITY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING
Board of Directors
Centaur Theatre, Montréal, Quebec
- Past Chairman of the Board - 2004 – 2010 -
- Member of the Board as Past Chairman
- Member of the Audit/Finance & Chairman - Selection Committee
- One of the largest professionals Theatre groups in Canada
The Canadian Society for Industrial Security, Québec & Canada
- Québec Chairman and Member of the National Board 2009 – Present
- Oldest (since 1955) Private Security Association in Canada
CSSS Cavendish, Montreal, Quebec
- Chair of Special Board Committee with oversight responsibility
- Member of the President’s Advisory Committee 2011-Present
- Organization responsible for the delivery of all public health care services in the central /western section of Montreal for a number of public long term care facilities
St. Andrew’s; St. Margaret’s & Father Dowd, Montréal, Quebec
- Past Chairman of the Unified Board of Directors - 2006-2010
- Member of the Audit/Finance & Chairman - Administration Committee
- Three (3) long term care facilities
American Security Distribution Inc., Anaheim, California
- Former Member of the Executive / Management Board - 1996 - 2000
- A Major Security Product distributor in North America
The American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International)
- Former Montréal Chapter # 196 – Chairman - 1992-94
- World wide Security Association
PANAMSEC, Montreal, Quebec
- Owner / President - 2001 to 2010
- Security Product distribution company. www.panamsec.ca
- Responsibilities include overseeing all business activities in delivering products and services related to consultation and threat assessment to private and public sector organizations achieving a strong market presence based on innovative marketing programs and delivering professional, strategic solutions.
- Set up and successfully established a fully operating web based company.
- Negotiated with suppliers & customers and handled all the legal and accounting aspects of the operation.
- Generated revenues of over $400,000 in the first year of operation by developing a global distribution system for security products.
- Received the Canadian Small Business of the Month award in 2006.
MSP CENTRE, Montreal, Quebec
- General Manager & President - 1991-2001
- A Canadian security products distributor.
- Responsibilities included management of all Canadian Operations with locations in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver and supervision of 45 people on average.
- Brought company to profitable position and interfaced purchasing between Canadian operation and American Parent companies by working closely with trustees and playing an integral role in negotiating with a Chicago distributor (Anicom) to purchase Canadian assets (when original stakeholder withdrew).
- Established market presence as a member of the world-wide management committee with regular meetings in California & Chicago.
Guillevin International Inc., Montreal, Quebec
- General Manager – Two (2) Divisions - 1985-91
- A world class leader in specialized product distribution. www.guillevin.com
- Responsibilities included set up and development of two separate divisions of Guillevin: Guillevin Video & Security and Guilcat with authority over 120 branch locations in Canada. Profit / Loss responsibility specific to each division.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
CSP – Certified Security Professional – CSIS Canadian Soc. Ind. Sec. 2008
CPP – Certified Protection Professional – ASIS International 2008
C.DIR – Chartered Director – The Director’s College – McMaster University; 2007
- DeGroote School of Business & Conference Board of Canada
- (www.thedirectorscollege.com )
Master’s Level – International Peacekeeping 2007
- United Nations & Canadem – 18 courses
- (http://www.canadem.ca/main/ )
B.A. program – Sir George Williams University, Montreal, Quebec
College Diploma – John Abbott College, Montreal, Quebec
Security Management Certification – Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
Financial Analysis – In house Guillevin Training, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
Management Training – Various courses
Executive Management Workshops – ASD, Anaheim, California
ASSOCIATIONS & AFFILIATIONS:
Past Professional Membership: Institute of Corporate Directors
Professional Membership: Canadian Society for Industrial Security
Professional Membership: ASIS International
VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
C.E.S.O. - 2001 to Present
- Past Volunteer: Management Consulting
- Helping young entrepreneurs with new business start up, Montreal, QC
St. Columban Cemetery restoration project, Montreal, QC - 2002 to Present
- Project Member and Founder
Montreal discussion group on current affairs & philosophy - 1990 to Present
- Founder & Leader:
PSC Community Adult Theatre & PSC-YMCA Youth Theatre Program - 2006 to Present
- Founding Member
Société d'histoire de Pointe Saint Charles - 2004 to Present
- Local Non Profit Historical Society
- Past Chairman & Member of the Board of Directors
English - French (verbal, reading & comprehension)
The Most Venerable Order of Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem - 1992
- The Priory of Canada
- “For valuable assistance rendered in the furtherance of the work of the Order”
Canadian Society for Industrial Security (CSIS) - 1982
- “Awarded for extraordinary contribution to the goals of the Society”