FERGUS V. KEYES C. Dir.; CPP; CSP
523 rue Charon, Montreal, QC, H3K 2P4
O: (514) 949-2710 ¦ F: (514) 935-4162
Email: email@example.com ¦ firstname.lastname@example.org ¦ Home: (514) 935-3769
Business Profile Information at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferguskeyes
SENIOR MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
SECURITY / SAFETY OPERATIONS
CERTIFIED PROTECTION PROFESSIONAL
THREAT & RISK ASSESSMENT
CERTIFIED SECURITY PROFESSIONAL
SECURITY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING
- Dynamic Senior Business leader with 20+ years experience.
- Qualified security professional.
- Expert strategist, analyst, planner, team leader
- Responds to business challenges with confidence, determination and focus.
A SECURITY SPECIALIST WITH DIVERSIFIED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE INCLUDING:
- Threat & Risk Assessment
- Security Surveys
- Business Continuity Planning
- Security cost/benefit analysis
- Emergency & Evacuation Planning
- Interface liaison - with Security Services providers
- Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Business loss impact analysis
- Crisis Management Planning
- Security Awareness Training
Earned the designate (2008) of CPP (Certified Protection Professional – Re-Certified until December 31st 2014)) – The most recognized designate in the Security Industry, accepted in thirty (30) countries worldwide, and ISO approved training offered since 1977 by ASIS International. (www.asisonline.org). And, qualified for the designate of CSP (Certified Security Professional), offered exclusively in Canada by the Canadian Security Certification Authority, of the Canadian Society of Industrial Security. Also, earned a Certification in Security Management from Concordia University, Montreal
Presently Quebéc Chair & member of the National Board for the Canadian Society for Industrial Security
- (The oldest private security Association in Canada – in operation since 1955)
- (Former Chair Montreal Chapter 196 of ASIS International; and former Police Liaison of Eastern Region with Canadian Alarm & Security Association)
Delivering Leadership Strategies in Security & Safety Operations
BOARDS & GOVERNANCE
A graduate (2007) of the Chartered Director (C.Dir.) program at the Director’s College, (www.thedirectorscollege.com) as offered by McMaster University; The DeGroote School of Business and The Conference Board of Canada. A unique and intensive course consisting of five (5) on campus modules and a supervised four (4) hour written examination - providing state-of-the-art business knowledge and Board of Directors duties & responsibilities. (Presently Chairman of the Board for two (2) separate organizations – in Arts & Healthcare).
PANAMSEC, Montreal, Quebec - Owner/President - 2001 to Present
- Security Products & Security Consulting
- Security Product distribution company. www.panamsec.ca
- Responsibilities include overseeing all business activities in delivering products and services related to consultation and threat assessment to private and public sector organizations achieving a strong market presence based on innovative marketing programs and delivering professional, strategic solutions.
- Set up and successfully established a fully operating web based company.
- Negotiated with suppliers & customers and handled all the legal and accounting aspects of the operation.
- Generated revenues of over $400,000 in the first year of operation by developing a global distribution system for security products.
- Received the Canadian Small Business of the Month award in 2006.
MSP CENTRE, Montreal, Quebec - General Manager & President - 1991 to 2001
- Security Systems – CCTV;
- Access Control & Alarms
- A Canadian security products distributor
- Responsibilities included management of all Canadian Operations with locations in Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver and supervision of 45 people on average.
- Brought company to profitable position and interfaced purchasing between Canadian operation and American Parent companies by working closely with trustees and playing an integral role in negotiating with a Chicago distributor (Anicom) to purchase Canadian assets (when original stakeholder withdrew).
- Established market presence as a member of the world-wide management committee with regular meetings in California & Chicago.
Guillevin International Inc., Montreal, Quebec - General Manager – Two (2) Divisions - 1985-91
- General Security & Investigations
- A world class leader in specialized product distribution. www.guillevin.com
- Responsibilities included set up and development of two separate divisions of Guillevin: Guillevin Video & Security and Guilcat with authority and providing security services to over 120 branch locations in Canada.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
CSP – Certified Security Professional – CSIS Canadian Soc. Ind. Sec.* - 2008
CPP – Certified Protection Professional – ASIS International* - 2008
C.DIR – Chartered Director – The Director’s College – McMaster University - 2007
Master’s Level – International Peacekeeping - 2007
United Nations & Canadem – 18 courses
B.A. program – Sir George Williams University, Montreal, QC
College Diploma – John Abbott College, Montreal, QC
Security Management Certification – Concordia University, Montreal, QC * - 1982
Financial Analysis – In house Guillevin Training, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
Management Training – Various courses
Executive Management Workshops – ASD, Anaheim, California
ASSOCIATIONS & AFFILIATIONS:
Professional Membership: Institute of Corporate Directors - 2007 - Present
Professional Membership: Canadian Society for Industrial Security - 1981 - Present
Quebec Chair & National Board Member) - 1985 - Present
Professional Membership: ASIS International
(Former Chair ASIS Montreal Chapter 196)
Linkedin Business Network Group Member:
Security Industry related
ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
Canadian Society for Industrial Security (CSIS)
Global Security Professional
IACSP: International Association for Counterterrorism and Security Professionals
Private Security Professionals
Six Sigma Security
Centaur Theatre, Montreal, Quebec - 2004 to Present
- Board Member – Chairman of the Board
- Chairman ODF Selection Committee
- Co-Chair Corporate Donations
- Member of the Audit Finance Committee
St. Margaret’s; St. Andrew’s & Father Dowd’s Long Term Care Facilities, Montreal, Quebec - 2003 - Present
- Board Member – President (Chairman) of the Board
- Chairman of Building Committee
- Member of the Audit/Finance & the Executive Committees:
The Canadian Society for Industrial Security - 2003 to Present
- Québec Chair & Member of the National Board of Directors
- (National Security Association in operation since 1955)
2009 to Present
Volunteer: Management Consulting for C.E.S.O. helping young entrepreneurs with new business start up, Montreal, QC
Project Member: St. Columban Cemetery restoration project, Montreal, QC 2001 to Present
2002 to Present
Founder & Leader: Montreal discussion group on current affairs & philosophy
Member of the Council (Board) – Société d’histoire de Pointe-Saint-Charles
Founding Member – PSC Community Adult Theatre & PSC-YMCA Youth Theatre Program 1990 to Present
2006 to Present
2007 to Present
Volunteer: Firefighter, Dollard Des Ormeaux, QC
OS/Software: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Website Development: Design/Copy Writing/Integrating E-Commerce capabilities
Fluent: English - French (verbal, reading & comprehension)
The Most Venerable Order of Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem - 1992
- The Priory of Canada
- For valuable assistance rendered in the furtherance of the work of the Order”
Canadian Society for Industrial Security (CSIS) - 1982
- “Awarded for extraordinary contribution to the goals of the Society”